[Marxism] FARC-EP: "we were betrayed"

Jorge Martin jorge at marxist.com
Sat Jul 12 02:06:27 MDT 2008

As far as I know, this is the first official statement of the FARC-EP on the
question:

"1.- The scape of the 15 prisoners of war, on Wednesday July 2, was the
direct result of the despicable conduct of Cesar and Enrique, who betrayed
their revolutionary commitment and the trust which had been put in them

"2.- Regardless of an episode like that, inherent in any political and
military confrontation where there are victories and setbacks, we maintain
our policy towards reaching humanitarian agreements which would achieve the
exchange and would as well protect the civilian population form the effects
of the conflict. If rescue continues to be the only way, the government must
assume all responsibilities of its reckless and adventurist decision. "

There are another 3 points in the statement, not dealing directly with the
matter, which can be read in Spanish here:
http://www.abpnoticias.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=474&Itemid=209

Jorge