[Marxism] Petras' criticism of Fidel

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sat Jul 12 03:36:25 MDT 2008

Guten Tag Jscotlive at aol.com,

am Freitag, 11. Juli 2008 um 08:40 schrieben Sie:

> In
> effect, what Joaquin is attempting to do is blame the FARC for the depredations
> of successive proto-fascist Colombian regimes, backed up by the dollar,

 No, not at all. I understand Joaquin's argument as being the same as
 Fidel Castro's and mine: that the FARC do and did not have a
 perspective for taking power, but use their military might only as a
 pressure group. You can read it in their communiqué on the Betancourt
 release: they keep their prisoners as hostages for the release of
 political prisoners of the regime, instead of thinking what to do for
 taking power.

 I must always think what Carlos Tablada told me from Che Guevaras
 visit to Colombia (before joining the Cuban revolution): he visited
 the office of the Colombian CP, and asked them: how do you think to
 take power? His hosts didn't know what Che was talking about...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Lüko Willms
mailto:lueko.willms at t-online.de