[Marxism] Che Guevara - Myth and reality

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jul 12 06:16:33 MDT 2008

>I've noticed that there has been some discussion of Cuba/Castro and
>Che Guevara on this list, and I'd be interested to know what people
>think about the critique made of them by the communist left, in
>particular the International Communist Current.

There really is no point in discussing this since it would involve
clashing criteria. We tend to look at the practice of self-proclaimed
revolutionaries while left communists (and anarchists) are only
interested in defending their ideas of freedom, justice, etc. What is
the point? Btw, one of your co-thinkers on the Greenleft mailing list
serves this kind of thing up on a daily basis. This is not permitted
here since we are not really set up for one-way conversations.