[Marxism] 2 comments

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Jul 12 13:31:55 MDT 2008

On Jul 12, 2008, at 2:44 PM, abu hartal wrote:

> the leftist outrage helps Obama. But it's silly. Obama thinks child
> rape is a greater offense than most forms of murder--
> and that is true if we disregard bourgeois principles of
> equivalence-- and wants to confine capital punishment to child rape
> and serial murder...

More stupid apologetics for Obama's toadying to the Right.  What Obama
originally
said was death penalty for "heinous" crimes like "child rape and
murder." An abstractly defensible position, since the death penalty
for "rape and murder" might dissuade some rapists from murdering their
victims (but then why did he restrict it only to "rape and murder" of
a child when the vast majority of rape/murder victims are women)?
However, when the SC dissenters pointed out that  capital punishment
for rape alone would threaten the life of every rape victim, Obama,
dishonestly substituting "or" for "and" in his original statement,
came down on the Scalia side, and his lying apologists claimed that he
was being true to his original statement.

This apologist also says "...Obama thinks child rape is a greater
offense than most forms of murder--and that is true if we disregard
bourgeois principles of equivalence..." without mentioning that
"child" is a statutory fiction, and that almost all prosecuted cases
of "child rape" are of *statutory* rape, meaning that the act was
consensual but that the "victim," regardless of sexual maturity, is
deprived by statute of the right to consent and thus of the
right to control of his/her own body.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to
be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos