[Marxism] CIGAR AFICIONADO: Cuba's Future: An Interview with Julia Sweig

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:39:47 MDT 2008

It is indeed a very interesting article, but I can't say I feel positively about
a person who writes such things as:

"If it were up to me, the smartest way to neutralize the
Ortega-Chavez-Morales-Castro grouping—I'm not going to call it an axis—would be
to start picking them off."

And I nearly threw up when I read:

"But the decider made a decision when he came into office to fight for freedom
and democracy in Cuba."

Not to mention such delusional thoughts as:

"Our November 2006 elections were important, however. Before those elections,
you already had a kind of latent bipartisan majority that supported change. Now
we have a congressional leadership which by and large does as well."

I must have missed the action from that "congressional leadership" that supports
change (on Cuba).