[Marxism] Fidel Castro: "The Powerless Powers"

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 15 08:57:56 MDT 2008

Right.  Piggybacking on that famous optimist, Spiro T. Agnew (who always
wore a smile when accepting kickbacks, gifts, honorariums and bribes) Walter
reminds us that smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown
alone.

Next Walter will remind us that it take way more muscles to frown than it
does to smile.

As the pope (which one I forget, but does it really matter?) urged the
patients in a burn ward-- "Put On a Happy Face."

Defend exploitation and oppression by bureaucrats, landowners, capitalists?
Sure. As long as they and we are smiling.

Ignore dispossession of indigenous peoples? Seizures of land from
subsistence rural producers?  Positively OK if its done by "local
capitalists,"  members of Communist Parties, and done with good cheer.

I'll tell you what I find funny:  Walter's innuendo about COSATU based on a
relatively objective article in the WSJ, at the same time as he cheerleads
support for Wall Street's and the City's and Bourse's pillar of financial
responsibility, Lula.

Now that's a knee-slapper.

The great thing about the human mind, not only can it absorb, balance,
grapple with contradiction-- it can be oblivious to contradiction.

Oh yeah, put a smiley face on the billy club and the bayonet, and the world
laughs with you.