[Marxism] McKinney, Greens, Liberals

Craig Brozefsky craig at red-bean.com
Wed Jul 16 01:42:50 MDT 2008

Alex Briscoe <obeynow20001 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Much of the leadership in the ILGP, espec in Champaign
> and Carbondale seeks a working relationship with the
> GP-US.  The GP-US NC and SC is dominated by those with
> ties to NGO workers, executives and funders who are
> pretty much joined at the hip with the Dems.

Wow, what a baroque conception of how the ILGP leadership is
manipulated into supporting McKinney.  Of course, her supporters must
be either appeasers (conscious or otherwise) or wrong-headed but
well-meaning white folk -- and could never have a concrete political
goal of running a worthwhile candidate, growing the party and taking
it into entirely new communities and new struggles.  You know,
planting seeds for something which can express political power for a
black/brown/yellow/indigenous/white working class movement.

So, did you read this someplace, or did you come here by yourself?

> The activists in the ILGP are not liberals but they
> are somewhere in between left/liberal/populist.  That
> vague trichotomy is the problem at this conjuncture.

Ideology is not a problem for the ILGP.  We can sit around and polish
our ideas all we want, but the material barriers to developing the
party are really the limiters -- ballot access, election code
requirements, social inwardness.  Also, lack of organization and
resources, aparatus if you will, is a much greater problem.  It's the
one part of your otherwise ludicrous critique that I agree with to
some degree.

I think we've earned a beer.  See ya around.