[Marxism] Has the 'Surge' in Iraq Worked?

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 08:43:23 MDT 2008

The fact is  that the United States is decidedly weaker everywhere in the
Middle East in the  eighteen months since the surge began. Has it not been in
part, maybe in large  part, precisely because of the surge? The Middle East today
is like a large  geopolitical balloon. If you squeeze it at one point, the
air will simply  displace itself to another point. And the balloon is getting
more fragile all  the time. It is on the verge of bursting.

full article --

<_http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/wallerstein160708.html_
(http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/wallerstein160708.html) >

We have it in our power to begin the world  over again –Thomas Paine