[Marxism] 'Tenured radical' tries to revive professors group

Greg Dunkel gdunkel at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 17 13:24:07 MDT 2008

According to a speaker at the Higher Ed division meeting at ATF's national convention, held this past weekend in Chicago, 70% of all higher ed courses are taught by adjuncts or other contingent members of the professoriat, like lecturers, grad students or indentured servants.  That's the only way US colleges can finance themselves.

Even in countries like Canada, where public service strikes are legal and relatively common, adjuncts still get the shaft.

/greg