[Marxism] What is the Marxist perspective in a case of an Israeli war against Iran?

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 10:02:08 MDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Walter Lippmann <walterlx at earthlink.net> wrote:

> It separates those Jews
> who identify with and support it politically and in other
> ways from the rest of the oppressed of the Third World,
> and pits the Jews against the Third World. Not a wise
> political location for Jews to find themselves in.

I'm not sure that "the third world" opposes Israel as a bloc.
Consider, for example, how the Hindu right-wing nationalists in India
(who are quite strong and have formed governments in the past and will
do so again in the future) are very cozy with Israel, as support for
Israel dovetails with their domestic anti-Muslim agenda within India.
Yet in their own way (on "nationalistic" grounds) the Hindu right in
India also opposes US imperialism in certain ways. So the picture is
far more complicated.