[Marxism] Russian Military "considering stationing bombers in Cuba"

Greg McDonald sabocat59 at mac.com
Tue Jul 22 05:57:49 MDT 2008

Eli Stephens wrote:

<Funny article that Walter posts, since there isn't the slightest
reference in
the article to any discussion as to whether CUBA might be interested
in this
proposal in the slightest. The article is written as if, if the
Russians decide
on this, it will happen. I wouldn't count on it (and I suspect Walter
wouldn't
either).>

In the article itself there might be no mention of Cuba's interest in
hosting bombers, but that certainly does not mean that there have
been no consultations between the two states. Usually articles like
this are designed to test the waters and see what kind of reaction
surfaces, from the US for instance.

Greg McDonald