[Marxism] fixing the longgggg lines

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Tue Jul 22 15:56:18 MDT 2008

I've worked out the options to get rid of the one longggg line problem
for the archivers at Utah and the latest 100 messages web page.

it will take me a day or so to get it up and running on Lou's latest 100
messages, and then I have to contact Hans in order to enable this same
fix at Utah. Only the archives.econ.utah.edu archive will be fixed by
these options. the pipermail archive at Utah, which is updated
instantaneously, uses Mailman's built-in archiver and i have not worked
out a fix for that system as of yet.

one of the options available to use in this new scheme is to limit the
length of lines in the web archives to N characters wide. Does Lou or
anyone else have any preferences for this?

Finally, if Lueko, Aaron, or anyone else who has one-longgg-line
problems wants to send me some emails *offlist* in the next day or so, i
will test the archiver settings on your longgggg-line emails.

For the short line revolution,

Les