[Marxism] An Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Jul 25 20:39:07 MDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:49:23 -0400
Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> An Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran
[....]
> We welcomed your stand against the war on Iraq in 2002.

Oh please. Who had ever heard of this guy in 2002?
Well, maybe a half-dozen good-hearted zealots whom
he immediately kicked aside as soon as he got to
the next level.

> We don't know, of course, whether an attack on Iran is in fact being
> considered... But we call on you to issue a
> public statement warning of the grave dangers that ... these
> actions would entail, and pointing out how inappropriate and
> undemocratic it would be

"Inappropriate"?  I'm laughing so hard I can't catch my breath.
"Inappropriate" is a word West Side liberals use to describe
people who say "fuck" in front of their kids.