[Marxism] Argentina: Coup-plotting oligarchs pose as democrats: they will not succeed!

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 10:04:06 MDT 2008

Question I have is this:  what is the difference between the "oligarchs" and
the "bourgeoisie."  Why do we make this distinction?  The history of
Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil any many other countries in Latin America was a
history of struggle between an emerging "liberal" "commercial" bourgeoisie,
and the landed property bourgeoisie, including that landed property
operating as mines; but the struggle, ebbing and flowing, never prevented
either and both from taking action alone or in concert against the
resistance of rural and urban workers, and indigenous peoples.

I think, contrary to the most accepted view, that the various military
regimes is an indication not only of a historical weakness of that
"commercial" bourgeoisie, but the fundamental unity of oligarchy and
bourgeoisie when push comes to shove, and the shoving threatens private
property.

In essence, does an oligarchy exist with interests inimical to capitalism,
to the class of capitalists as a whole?

We can even ask that question about the US:  do Bush/Cheney and the
petrobourgeoisie, along with their evangelical hit squads, exist as a force
inimical to the advancement of capitalism, or necessary to its preservation?