[Marxism] Morales fears revolution if something were to happened to him

Fred Fuentes fred.fuentes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:51:38 MDT 2008

The previous Sunday, a helicopter in which the president regularly
travels crashed, causing the death of four Venezuelan soldiers and one
Bolivian.

July 27, 2008 - President Evo Morales expressed on Sunday that he
feared a revolution if "something" were to happen to him, one week
after the crash of a helicopter he regularly travels in, which killed
all five passengers on board.

"I feel that if something were to happen to Evo Morales, I feel that
there could be a rebellion and I am afraid of that" said the president
in front of thousands of coca growers. During the event, Morales
declared the cocalero region free of illiteracy and free of "North
American imperialism."

Morales did not specific what it was that could happen to him…..

On Friday, Morales speculated that the tragedy was not a coincidence.
"Surely the accident was not a coincidence… something is happening" he
said.

"Perhaps they can overthrow me, but they will not be able to overthrow
the Bolivian people". In a rally with the cocaleros, Morales declared
the central region of the Chapare "territory free of illiteracy and
territory free of USAID (United States Agency for International
Development), and therefore of North American imperialism.".......read
the rest at http://boliviarising.blogspot.com/2008/07/morales-fears-revolution-if-something.html