[Marxism] My web letter to the Nation on an article about Karadzic

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jul 31 12:19:09 MDT 2008

Lenin's Tomb wrote:
> The Orwell quote you refer to is: "All animals are equal, but some animals
> are more equal than others".
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> I am sure that Karadzic will get the maximum sentence in accord with the
>> ICTY's adherence to a paraphrase of Orwell's observation that "some men
>> are more unequal than others."

I am familiar with Orwell, having "Animal Farm" forced down my throat in
the 8th grade.

I should have written this to be clearer:

I am sure that Karadzic will get the maximum sentence in accord with the
ICTY's adherence to its accustomed norms which transform Orwell's
observation that "some men are more equal than others" into "some men
are more unequal than others." Mr. Karadzic was clearly more unequal.