[Marxism] Irrational Exuberance

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 14:27:59 MDT 2008

Are you kidding me?  Why do you think Lenin and Trotsky signed?  Because
they were militarily in the same league?  They signed because as Lenin and
Trotsky repeatedly stated in discussions, arguments, debates, there was NO
choice.  The infant soviet republic could not support the war; the only
league the Russian military was in was a little league. They had to end
their participation in the war on whatever terms they could.  They did so
without sacrificing the revolution, or the prospects for revolution in other
countries.

Not that I think this is the issue with irrational exuberance, but history
is what history is.

Think Louis' original point was about expectations for developing capitalist
countries, or countries developing into advanced capitalism.