[Marxism] Cuba sanctions linked to obesity in Americans

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 18:27:17 MDT 2008

Cuba sanctions linked to obesity in Americans

Voice of the People [letter to the editor]

What is the relationship between high fructose corn syrup and missiles in Cuba?

The movie “King Corn” was shown at the Saturday’s Child Open Mik Coffee House recently.
This movie is a documentary showing that the health of Americans is being compromised
by high fructose corn syrup. It has taken the place of cane sugar as a sweetener
in almost every product on the grocery shelves. If you don’t believe this, take
the time to look at the ingredients of everything you buy. “Carbonated drinks are
liquid candy”, a statement made by the two young men who went to Iowa to grow an
acre of corn and follow the corn through its trip to your hamburgers by way of corn-fed
cattle and to the grocery shelves by way of high fructose corn syrup.

High fructose corn syrup is a cheap replacement for the cane sugar we use to import
from Cuba before “we” decided to create a hostile relationship with a country that
refuses to follow our example of a free and democratic society.

The movie documents the rise in obesity in America and the increased diabetes coincident
with the rise in the use of high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup has
no food value, does not give us increased energy and only adds empty fat-producing
calories.

If you feel alarmed by this situation, I suggest you call or write your congressmen
to resume our trade with Cuba and to return to our use of cane sugar. Becoming a
trading partner with Cuba again might also discourage Cuba from being a pawn in
the endless games played by a few insane men in Washington, DC and the Kremlin who
are playing an endless game of placing long-range missiles on each other’s borders.

Marjory Crawford
Chesterton

Posted 7/31/2008
http://www.chestertontribune.com/Voice%20of%20the%20People/cuba_sanctions_linked_to_obesity.htm