[Marxism] Irrational Exuberance

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 18:55:26 MDT 2008

While I endeavor to follow the Cuban media closely, Cuban endorsement
of Brazilian occupation activities in Haiti seems to have eluded me.
Perhaps such documentation can be found in the archives of the media
of the Lambertists, the Grant-Woods outfit, or the Spartacist League?

My contact with militant Brazilian workers is largely limited to the
Internet, but I'm sure that in San Francisco, David Walters, who is
a fluent Brazilian speaker, must know how bad Cuba's standing today
is among the Brazilian proletariat.

Do I think Haitians have the right to self-defense? Gee, I wasn't
aware of anyone questioning the right to self-defense anywhere.
The question never occured to me. Why did it occur to David?

Walter Lippmann
Los Angeles, California
DAVID WALTERS writes:
Walter, the day the Cubans, any Cuban, utters something in support of
the Brazilian occupation troops, do let us know. And I will *gladly*
send off a letter if that is what you think is required. I doubt the
Cuban CP is scoring many points now among militant workers in Brazil.
Ah, but then it's 'real politik' yes?

So...do you think Haitians have the right to off Brazilian troops there?
Are you willing to stand and shout like you do "Brazil and the US,  OUT
of Haiti!"

David

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"