[Marxism] Whatever Became Of What's-His-Name, The Radical?

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:01:18 MDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Mark Lause <markalause at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been in a state of rather permanent angry at the GPUS for totally
> screwing up the opportunity it had with the 2000 election, but I am
> unconvinced that my being disgusted over the prevarications and
> indecisiveness means that it, its candidates, and its affiliates can
> no longer serve as a vehicle for taking entirely laudatory ideas to
> many more people than can be reached by the usual tiny campaigns of
> the "correct line" Left...

Couldn't the same argument be made for the Democratic Party, following
this line of reasoning? After all, their campaigns are better funded
and reach more people than those of the GPUS.... and Kucinich's ideas
were "laudatory"(well,  I think you mean "laudable") in the same sense
as GPUS' could be.

So, what would be a reason for leftists to support GPUS campaigns now,
rather than having jumped whole-heartedly into the fray to support
Kucinich in the early stages of the primary process?