[Marxism] Nader, McKinney, etc.

Shawn Redden wsredden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:18:25 MDT 2008

Nobody ever said it wasn't a consideration.  Otherwise, La Riva or
Jared Bell or Mumia would be the best choice.  It becomes a problem
when it's a factor that eclipses all others.

There's a balance to be struck and a basic realization that unless
bourgeois elections serve as a vehicle to develop the people's
consciousness, they are a waste of time.  Through her name
recognition, her core constituency, and the potential of her campaign
to develop something with a life span that goes beyond the next 5
months, McKinney's candidacy has relevance that transcends her
'recognition'.

It's the JOB of her campaign to raise her name recognition and
patiently explain its relevance.  That may not happen overnight.
But, ESPECIALLY under an Obama administration that continually
betrays those who have most vocally supported it, it will happen so
long as it has the institutional strength to persevere.

Solidarity,
Shawn