[Marxism] Norm Geras attacks Marxmail subscriber

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 5 08:37:34 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
> http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/2008/06/judging-practices.html

The post says: "If I leave a twenty pound note on my garden wall every
Saturday evening with a letter attached to it saying 'This money is
mine', I might believe that the letter will deter everyone from taking
the money, but that belief will almost certainly be false and my
practice, real as may be, won't be altogether rational unless I want
the money taken."

If he did that, I would assume he did actually want the money to be
taken in order to confirm his thesis that human beings are venal
creatures (thus unworthy of a post-liberal social order).