[Marxism] Arabs shocked by Obama speech

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Thu Jun 5 23:33:44 MDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 23:01:07 EDT, Dbachmozart at aol.com wrote:

> His comments appalled  Palestinians who see occupied East Jerusalem as
part
> of a future Palestinian  state.

  and they prompted Abbas, the president of the Palestine Authority, to
stretch a hand of brotherhood to Hamas, and to call for talks and
negotiations to re-establish Palestinian unity in the struggle against
the Zionist colonial settler state.

  A very welcome move! But one which was critisized right away by Mr.
Obama. Hamas should not have a seat at the negociating table according
to Obama.

> Saeb Erekat, the chief  Palestinian negotiator, told Al Jazeera on
Thursday:
> "This is the worst thing to  happen to us since 1967 ... he has given
> ammunition to extremists across the  region".

  I have seen that on Aljazeera English, and I can say that I have never
seen Sa'eb Erekat being so angry (yes! I now have Aljazeera English in
my Cable TV!).

  Well, it was not only Barack Obama's speech, but also those by Ms.
Clinton and Mr. McCain, who made clear that there was, is, and will
always be an unshakable support from the White House for the Israeli
colonial settler state. Apparently Arab leaders had hoped that Barack
Obama would change that, and they were disillusioned by his AIPAC
speech.

  Nontheless, I would like to see B. Obama becoming the next POTUS. And
I would like him to chose somebody else but Ms. Clinton as his
vice-presidential running mate.

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany