[Marxism] Raytheon 9 update

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jun 5 21:05:30 MDT 2008

The Raytheon 9 trial in Belfast is going through some twists and turns.

The Prosecution finished about a week ago and some of the evidence
given in direct testimonyby police and Raytheon employees has helped
to build the defence case
-linking the Derry plant to Raytheon's international works and
killing in Lebanon.
-the lack of violence amongst the 9 who were charged with affray and
5 other charges.

Monday saw the defence call their opening witness Eamonn McCann and
here is relflection I wrote later (we were not allowed to take notes
in the courtroom)
http://www.indymedia.ie/article/ 87799

Tuesday saw the charge of affray dropped
Here's something from BBC published on that
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ ireland/foyle_and_west/ 7437931.stm

Since Wednesday there has been some strange twists and turns and the
trial is now poised at a pivitol moment.  A gag order operates under
the laws of subjudice.  The defence has requested people not publish
their speculations etc.

The trial has been adjourned to Friday June 5th., 2 pm Laganside
Court 14 Belfast.  The jury has not been dismissed.

Support the defendants - oppose Raytheon.
Check www.raytheon9.org

Ciaron O'Reilly
Blog  http://ciaron.wordpress.com/

"The poor tell us who we are,