[Marxism] Hungarians long for communism, Cubans long for market-system (?)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jun 6 09:51:11 MDT 2008

Lenin's Tomb wrote:

> Excuse me, but you're not going to take the International Republican
> Institute seriously are you?  I would guess there is a segment of
> Cuban society that wants to liberalise the economy, given the current
> difficulties, but the IRI is a  propaganda arm of the American empire
> (scum, in other words).

Even the Cuba-hating NY Times can not help but raise its eyebrows at the
IRI: "The institute is a nonprofit democracy-building group affiliated
with the Republican Party that strongly opposes Cuba’s Communist
government."

It is times like this when I really wonder if there is any point in
having Sayan "Ruthless" Bhattacharyya here. He interjects some item on
the list that lots of people feel the need to correct, when the item
itself would have no interest to us ordinarily. It is like having
somebody posting something from David Horowitz's website just to see
what kind of reaction it will stir up. Michael Pugliese used to do this
all the time on various left-oriented lists and we really don't need it now.