[Marxism] Salute to Israel Parade vs. Puerto Rican Day Parade: Some observations

Shawn Redden wsredden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:44:01 MDT 2008

As is ordinarily the case, those engaged most totally in the disturbance are
the forces of order.  To further corroborate Comrade Costello's point, one
ought to remember last year's insanity in which New York's Finest rounded up
about 200 people on "unlawful assembly" charges due to rumors that the Latin
Kings might be there.

<
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/12/nyregion/12parade.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

Given the NYPD's policy of rounding up Black and Brown people on a whim, it
must have been like shooting fish in a barrel!

You've got to love it when one of the most reprehensible and vile criminal
organizations on the planet locks people up on anonymous allegations of
potentially committing thought crime.  Then again, I'm sure they would have
taken similar measures if there were rumors of Ariel Sharon's half-dead but
still wholly genocidal self making a surprise appearance.

Solidarity,
Shawn