[Marxism] Richardson advocates dialoque with Cuba, Venezuala

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 9 14:05:22 MDT 2008

(This is from the conservative English-language Venezualan
website of EL UNIVERSAL newspaper published in Caracas.)

US state governor advocates approach to Venezuela

Bill Richardson, governor of US New Mexico state, lobbied
on Monday in Madrid for a dialogue between the next US
government and Cuba and Venezuela.

"In my view, we should start a dialogue with Venezuela and
Cuba," said Richardson during an informational breakfast in
Casa de América, AFP quoted.

The Secretary of Energy during the administration of
Democrat Bill Clinton said that the diplomacy to be built
by Washington after the government of President George W.
Bush in January 2009 should "approach Cuba in a realistic
way, sensibly dealing with economic and personal issues,
such as trade and family relations."

"The embargo has been unsuccessful, but I would like Cuba
also to move on, to be more democratic, act to release more
political prisoners. But if I can give any advice to the
new president is that the embargo has not been positive at
all. Therefore, such policy needs to change," said
Richardson.

"In Venezuela, we have disagreements with President (Hugo)
Chávez, but I would favor a direct dialogue with him, to
see if we can solve our differences," he added.

http://english.eluniversal.com/2008/06/09/en_pol_art_us-state-governor-ad_09A1657599.shtml

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"