[Marxism] Richardson advocates dialoque with Cuba, Venezuala

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Tue Jun 10 13:43:21 MDT 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:52:27 -0400 (EDT), Walter Lippmann wrote:

> This requires that the candidate seek nomination and then
> seek election so that they actually hold the office. Since
> Obama seems to be serious about seeking the office so that
> the changes can be put into place as actual policy. Were
> Obama to start acting as the critical voices here propose,
> he would not be able to get the nomination, not to speak
> of the election.

  So what?

  Should we help him to fool the people another time, or should we take
what people think he represents, "change", and explain what "change"
really means? Like that normalising relations with Cuba involves the end
of the terrorist campaign against Cuba and the release of the political
prisoners who helped Cuba to prevent terrorist attacks both on Cuba and
the US government. Like that normalising USA's relations with Cuba does
not mean to seek a different way to destroy the revolution and turn Cuba
back to the neocolonial misery.

  Like explaining that "change" means fighting in the streets and in the
workplaces in mass action for better wages and shorter working hours and
better working conditions.

  Like etc etc

  It is utterly wrong to subordinate the truth to the nice idea of a
Black man breaking the White House monopoly of being, well, a White
House.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany