[Marxism] Richardson advocates dialoque with Cuba, Venezuala

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:00:31 MDT 2008

I got past the first two sentences is Walter's latest and had to stop there;
couldn't take any more:

"The ruling class is divided on what tactical orientation
to take toward the world. This is the point which is not
understood by those who demand that Obama take positions
which are essentially revolutionary."

Two sets of bull. First of all, EVERYONE I know, and I'm betting every single
person on this list, even Toothless Critic, understands that "the ruling class
is divided on what tactical orientation to take toward the world," and has
understood that for a LONG time. Indeed, that is the NORM in the U.S. ruling
class, it's the entire essence of the two-party system.

And demanding that Obama "take positions which are essentially revolutionary"?
Are you effing kidding me? Please show me a SINGLE example of someone demanding
that Obama take positions which are even REMOTELY revolutionary, even using a
capitalist ("our new soap is a revolutionary advance over the old version")
interpretation of the word "revolutionary."

Get real.