[Marxism] Richardson advocates dialoque with Cuba, Venezuala

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 10 15:34:54 MDT 2008

Lüko Willms writes:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:30:40 -0400, Marvin Gandall wrote:

> You expect him to campaign on behalf of the Cuban Five, and are angry
that
> he doesn't?  He wouldn't be Richardson and the Democrats wouldn't be
the
> Democrats if he did. Besides, I think the embargo IS the issue, and
> confusing it with the plight of US political prisoners would end that
> promising public debate in its tracks.

  I decisively against this slave talk.

  The yankees may talk about changing their policies against the Cuban
revolution, but we cannot help them keeping the discussion within the
framework of how best defend the US empires interests to smash the Cuban
revolution.

  The opposite is true: whenever they start talking to ease the blockade
in order to a more effective fight against Cuba, the fate of the Cuban
political prisoners in the USA has to be raised.
The fate of the Cuban political prisoners - or, more precisely, the
Democrats' failure to make it a campaign issue - wasn't raised by Fidel in
his otherwise harsh and detailed criticism of Obama, criticism delivered
within the framework of thinly-veiled support for "this man who is
doubtless, from the social and human points of view, the most progressive
candidate to the U.S. presidency". He directed his fire at Obama's
backsliding on the embargo. Luko's agitation about "slave talk" is another
example of the triumph of indignation over politics.