[Marxism] Richardson advocates dialoque with Cuba, Venezuala

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 20:30:14 MDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Eli Stephens
<elishastephens at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Curiously enough, though, the release of alleged political prisoners held by
> ANOTHER government IS a campaign issue.

If you define the Cuban Five as pol. prisoners, why do you call those
in Cuban jails as "alleged" political prisoners?

You or I may not agree with their politics, but they are just as
political as the Cuban Five are. It's the opposite kind of politics,
true -- but aren't the Cuban dissidents also motivated by what is, in
fact, a *political* reason?

Much as we may disagree with the Cuban dissidents politically, if we
agree that the Cuban Five are political prisoners, then it seems to me
that we have to consider jailed Cuban dissidents as political
prisoners also.

As much as we disagree with the Cuban dissidents, it seems to be only
fair that we either consider neither the Cuban Five nor the jailed
Cuban dissidents as pol. prisoners, or we consider both these groups
as pol. prisoners.