[Marxism] Does Peak Oil Theory Help the Bourgeoisie?

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 22:13:59 MDT 2008

Actually Louis, I did a little studying up the subject awhile ago.  Even
wrote about, called "Hook, Line, and Purse Seine."    There is no argument
that fishing practices have done serious damage to fish populations.  But
that can and has been measured.  Actual oil reserves have not been
accurately measured.  In this regard, oil is much more like a mineral than
an organic living being.

There is no bottom scouring going on in oil production.  There is no decline
in production and there is no decline in reserves.  Unlike actual depletion
of certain fish stocks,  peak oil theory argues not from observable actions
but from a theory and a curve, and the curve is not and has not been
validated.

I am not arguing against conservation, alternate energy sources, or better
treatment of animals.

But we ought to think about my earlier question.  Which explains the history
of the oil industry, oil price movements, and US actions better since 1970?
Peak oil theory or Marx's analysis of capital accumulation and rates of
profit?