[Marxism] Does Peak Oil Theory Help the Bourgeoisie?

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 20:35:06 MDT 2008

I do not want to go back on my word, so I will not argue about peak oil
theory again.

I ask only this:  Which explains the actions of the capitalist class better
since 1970 (the peak in US production); which explains the price movements
of oil better since 1970; which explains the invasion of Iraq, and the
continuing threats to expand the war in the Persian Gulf better; Marxist
analysis of profit and capital accumulation or peak oil theory?