[Marxism] Form-Analytical Critique of the State

Dogan Gocmen dgn.gcmn at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:19:40 MDT 2008

Angelus Novus:
> You quote Heinrich:
>
>> The critique of the state refers then in particular
>> to the each use of the state, but not to the state
>> and politics as social forms."

Please do not manuplate and do not change the heading of our tread. The
quotation I asked you to explain must be taken as a whole where Mr.
Heinrich explicitly says that the defenders of the concept of
base-superstructure argue against the "neutrality of the state" implying
that he is the defender of the neutrality of the state. "The critique of
the state" in the last sentence in the quotation which I translated
points to the defenders of the concept of base-superstructure. I ask you
again to explain what the neutrality of the state in the quotation
means. I put the quotation again:

"In Mr. Heinrich's book *Critique of political Economy: An Introduction*
there is a chapter entitled: *The State and Capital*. The whole argument
of this chapter is directed against the concept of base-superstructure
of Marx and Engels. Ther he says:

"Under state measures there are also mostly measures from which poor
population layers profit. Such measures are interpreted by the defender
of instrumental state understanding purely as conssesions, as method,
for keeping quiet of the supressed and exploited. The /*critique of the
state*/ is understood by the defender of this understanding in
particular as */unmasking /*[critique]: The **/neutrality */*of the
state should be proved to be a seeming one. The critique of the state
refers then in particular to the each use of the state, but not to the
state and politics as social forms." (p. 205)

This is a passage from the book you translate. So please explain to the
list as an expert of Mr. Heinrich's work to which purposes this passage
has been put down."