[Marxism] Does Peak Oil Theory Help the Bourgeoisie?

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 09:26:17 MDT 2008

Word of caution to comrade Brad--  years ago, arguing against peak oil, some
said that my arguments were agreeing with those of the oil industry
executives.  I didn't think so then, and I don't think that, now, the
arguments of Jon Flanders and others are in agreement with oil industry
executives.  They, the capitalists can and will mouth anything and
everything and out of both sides of their mouths all at once if it means an
extra dime in their, or their shareholders, pockets.

If the capitalists, or even those layers of society attached to capitalist
rule and private property, profess to be "green" that doesn't mean that
capitalism is not destroying the environment, and it certainly does not mean
Marxists need not confront, analyze, oppose, and remedy that destruction.