[Marxism] French bourgeoisie puffs up LCR Trotskyist

Greg Dunkel gdunkel at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 11 20:44:38 MDT 2008

I think it is to the credit of the PCF (French Communist Party), the trade union confederation they influence (the CGT) and a mass anti-racist, civil rights organization Droit Devant ! (Rights Now) that they organized a number of successful strikes in April & May for the legalization of the workers involved in them.  The CGT also had a contingent of these workers, called in French "sans papiers" lead their contingent in the MayDay Marches.

The LCR did give these strikes some verbal support.

I would dispute any claim that the CGT is primarily an organization of intellectuals.

I looked at about 10 minutes of the TV show vivement dimanche (Sunday Living).  It was pretty fatuous.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll translate the French quotes.

/greg