[Marxism] Cuba to abandon wage caps

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:36:37 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
> ok.president+marxml at gmail.com wrote:

>> The manager is doing better/more "work" if she is able to
>> inspire/train her workers to produce more.  So, it could be said to be
>> compatible with " to each according to his work"... No?
>
> I am losing patience with you.

Uh... I didn't know that my question was so ignorant or offensive.
Maybe by "manager" you and I understood different things here. If you
think of a sweatshop operator, for example, as "manager", then I agree
that such a person is not a worker.

But what I meant by "manager" was more a worker who is leading
("managing") a group of other workers. In such a case, the "manager"
has to quite a lot of work training, partitioning the work,
co-ordinating, etc. Think of programming/ software development, for
example. A good manager of a development team has to put in a lot of
work in order to make sure that the team is being productive, and
typically such a "manager" is also a worker himself.

So, I don't really see what is so mistaken about what I said...