[Marxism] Does Peak Oil Theory Help the Bourgeoisie?

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Jun 13 14:43:58 MDT 2008

S. Artesian

Word of caution to comrade Brad--  years ago, arguing against peak oil,
some
said that my arguments were agreeing with those of the oil industry
executives.  I didn't think so then, and I don't think that, now, the
arguments of Jon Flanders and others are in agreement with oil industry

executives.  They, the capitalists can and will mouth anything and
everything and out of both sides of their mouths all at once if it
means an
extra dime in their, or their shareholders, pockets.

If the capitalists, or even those layers of society attached to
capitalist
rule and private property, profess to be "green" that doesn't mean that

capitalism is not destroying the environment, and it certainly does not
mean
Marxists need not confront, analyze, oppose, and remedy that
destruction.

^^^^
CB: Let me say to Comrade Brad, when someone like Comrade S. Artesian
says this it is very significant; you really want to consider what he is
saying. I'd refer you to the list archives to find C. S. Artesian's many
arguments in the same vein as your argument above.