[Marxism] work - ability - needs

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 13 19:46:25 MDT 2008

Think the muddle is all yours:

1.  I am specifically referring to exchange value, not value.
2. Marx clearly specifies the abstract, universal, labor-time as the basis
for exchange value; and its "blindness" to individual variations as the
contribution of modern industry.
3. Sorry you have a problem with alienated forms.  I don't think Marx ever
did.  But let's use the term expropriated, or aggrandized.   But.. just to
nit the pick--

The break with Feuerbach is not over alienation; it is in the transposition
of what is material to the historical, the social-- the conditions of labor,
the organization of labor-- the appropriation of nature rather than nature
itself.  It is this grounding of and in history as a social product, that
establishes a "continuity" with, and the advancement beyond Hegel.

Other than that, I agree with everything you say.