[Marxism] Cuba to abandon wage caps

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 13 20:34:03 MDT 2008

The obsession with judging Cuba, whether negatively or positively, is I
think a sort of icon of the plight of leftists in the U.S. (and I
presume western Europe) today: we haven't the slightest idea how to
implement any of our goals in practice or even of how to gather
ourselves into some sort of rough equivalent to a coherent left. So we
focus on measureing the struggles of a very small nation to sruvive
against various abstract conceptions of the future.

A better understanding, at a _very_ high level of abstraction, of the
dynamic of capitalism would help -- but that is dismissed as not
contributing immediately to the anti-war struggle (which incidentally is
utterly moribund).

In similar situations revolutionary leaders of the past stopped
kvetching and used the interval to clarify their thought rather than
endless junior-high current events reports.

Carrol