[Marxism] Barack Obama, where art though (OPEN LETTER)

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 23:42:51 MDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Mark Lause <markalause at gmail.com> wrote:

> If Obama's supporters constitute a movement, why wouldn't or shouldn't
> Hillary's be regarded the same?  Why not McCains?

As it was stated, the primaries showed that there are sizeable numbers
of  Obama supporters who are

"willing to travel from state to state, spending a few weeks in each
place. There have been repeated stories in the media about students
who have suspended their careers to campaign for Obama"

I'm not sure that this phenomenon has been seen with Clinton or McCain.

Furthermore, many (most) of the Obama supporters are (1) young and (2)
new to politics.

> And, if consumers of those marketing campaigns, why not others...the
> Pepsi Generation?  And wouldn't we all really just like to buy the
> world a Coke?

Do some of the people who like Pepsi take an year off from school to
voluntarily promote Pepsi, moving from place to place, sleeping rough,
with the only possible reward being (as you said) the possibility of
getting "laid" by fellow Pepsi likers?

That's news to me.