[Marxism] Cubans see hope for change in Obama

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 16 16:28:03 MDT 2008

Eli writes:

Various people want to tell us (me) "how to talk to Obama supporters" so as
not
to alienate them. And I certainly agree that just talking in abstract terms
about the "twin parties of imperialism" isn't the best approach. I prefer
starting with CONCRETE FACTS. Making sure people KNOW what Obama said in
Miami
to CANF, or what he said in Washington to AIPAC, or what he said in a TV
interview about what he's looking for in a Vice-President, or that his
written
platform calls for a larger military and sending more troops to Afghanistan,
and
so on. I'll let people make up their own minds about what to DO with that
information; I doubt there's much I can do to persuade them in that way.
What I
CAN do is make sure they aren't making up their minds based on incomplete or
inaccurate information, as all too many people are doing.