[Marxism] Obama's Victory? How Big? How Far?"

Pance Stojkovski pance at rogers.com
Tue Jun 17 11:32:23 MDT 2008

Commentary No. 235, June 15, 2008

"Obama's Victory? How Big? How Far?"

by Immanuel Wallerstein

Let no one underestimate it. Barack Obama has won big.
He has not only won the Democratic nomination for
president. He is going to sweep the elections with a
large majority of the Electoral College and a
considerable increase in Democratic strength in both
houses of the Congress. Before we analyze how far he
will go, can go - that is, how much of a change this
will actually mean - we must spell out how real is his
electoral triumph.

http://www.binghamton.edu/fbc/235en.htm