[Marxism] Obama Calls for More Responsibility From Black Fathers

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 17 13:39:33 MDT 2008

Fred writes:

> As far as I can see, right now all the moralizing down at Black people
> accomplishes right now is to provide background music for dragging more of
> them off to jail, for encouraging white people to feel that they are the
> good people (There is so little of this stuff aimed at whites and so many
> of
> their lives are SO messed up!) It does not have the power to change
> people's
> lives and doesn't really have any dynamic toward that. I don't think this
> stuff carries real moral authority.
Yes, and in the context of the current election, Obama's comments were aimed
more at white folks than black folks, anyway, even though they were
delivered in a black church. They were another effort to distance himself
from the older generation of "angry" black leaders (the Rev's Wright,
Sharpton, Jackson, Muhammed etc.) whose indictment of white racism and white
privilege have frightened the white voters Obama is trying to attract. He's
locked up the black community and doesn't have to worry about offending any
sensibilities there.