[Marxism] Development led to floods

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Wed Jun 18 15:48:51 MDT 2008

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/6/16/extreme_weather_global_warming_floods_in

June 16, 2008
Weatherfloodweb
Extreme Weather & Global Warming: Floods in Iowa & China, Wildfires in
California, Heat Waves on the East Coast, Tornadoes Across the Midwest

The words “extreme weather” are rarely associated in the mainstream media
with another two words: “global warming.” But scientists argue that these
extreme weather events are consistent with changes they have long
predicted would accompany global warming. We speak to Joseph Romm of
ClimateProgress.org and Perry Beeman of the Des Moines Register. [includes
rush transcript]