[Marxism] fronting for Morales

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 15:39:30 MDT 2008

It was well documented at the time in 2005 how workers' self-organizations
set up the blockades; how actual militias were established to protect
strikers and those organizing the protests.

It is well documented that after Mesa reneged and vetoed the bill provididng
for the 50% tax and royalty on gas and oil, with no credit against income
taxes, protests organized and led by workers took control of El Alto.
Earlier, the workers and poor of El Alto had taken to the streets  were
motivated not only by against French Suez who had taken control of the water
supply.  Then Mesa listened, cancelling the contract.  This time he didn't,
which proves, I guess that oil and gas are thicker than water.

It is well documented that in June of 2005, 3  fields "belonging" to
Repsol-YPF were taken over by workers as were the Chaco fields "belonging"
to BP.  If you don't see emerging soviets in these actions, then I'm afraid
you will never see them.

Morales and the MAS had extensive ties to those blockading the streets,
setting up the blockades on the highways leading to the cities and to the
the gas fields,  but it was the MAS who wanted the "resolution" of this to
be purely parliamentary.