[Marxism] From Cynthia McKinney: Please help me qualify for matching funds

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 18:00:58 MDT 2008

From: HQ <hq2600 at gmail.com>
Sent: Jun 18, 2008 7:55 PM
To: updates at lists.allthingscynthiamckinney.com
Subject: [hq2600] From Cynthia McKinney:
Please help me qualify for matching funds

Hello my friends,

I am writing to thank you for your sustained support for my campaign
and to urge you to give me an extra boost in the next three weeks to
help me qualify for federal matching campaign funds.

I have long supported public funding in all aspects of our campaigns,
but now we really have the opportunity to participate in the power of
public funding. However, that participation can only happen when the
Power to the People Campaign has demonstrated its broad appeal in at
least 20 states with each having raised $5,000 where the first $250
of each contribution is matchable. In other words, in order to
qualify for public matching funds, you've got to qualify me.

I have traveled to 24 states and I've heard from many of you. I've
tried to put a foundation in place for the Power to the People
Committee. But the fact is that I want to be able to give you the
kind of campaign that you all deserve and that I envisioned, but that
takes money to buy the yard signs and handbills, pay the airfare
necessary for my travels, and to meet the payroll necessary to staff
the campaign.

To meet our campaign needs in the new and exciting period ahead, we
have to turn the corner on our finances -- and the first step in this
direction is raising at least $5,000 in each of at least 20 states to
qualify for federal matching funds. So far, we have only met this
objective in seven states -- though 11 additional states are well on
their way toward that goal. The deadline for raising these funds is
July 12th.

My campaign is not funded by the military-industrial-financial-media
complex, nor the energy, pharmaceutical or other corporate interests
that bankroll the parties of war: the Democrats and Republicans. I
can only count on you, the people who produce the wealth in this
country, to finance my campaign.

I need your support to get out the political message of our Power to
the People campaign to voters all across the country.

The message of our campaign is necessary now, more than ever:
Congress is on the verge of caving in on more funding for the
occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan; our country bombs Somalia and
Pakistan with impunity and none of the major party contenders
mentions it; the American people are losing their homes at a record
pace, Congress is yet to offer a solution; and our country is even
more mired in debt. Our platform is the only one that genuinely
addresses the needs and aspirations for real change that have been
expressed by voters nationwide.

With your help, we can achieve our goal of raising the $100,000 in 20
states needed to obtain the federal matching funds. Please go to our
website today (http://www.runcynthiarun.org) and make as generous a
donation as you can. Then send all your friends, coworkers, and
neighbors to this site, asking that they match or exceed your
donation. I do believe in the power of the people.

Please help me put this first campaign milestone behind us, so we can
get the Power to the People campaign on every ballot possible
nationwide -- so that we can provide a genuine alternative to the No
Impeachment, War Parties and their candidates. Our communities
deserve so much more and the Power to the People campaign is ready to
deliver. Your donation now will help us deliver with an impact. Thank
you in advance for your contribution to this effort.

In struggle and solidarity,
Cynthia McKinney,
Presidential Candidate,
Power to the People Campaign

-- "And advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target'
specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of
terror to a politically useful tool." PNAC, Rebuilding America's
Defenses, p. 60

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and
policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a
foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers.
Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the
American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without
leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. -- Carroll
Quigley, Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in our Time

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"