[Marxism] fronting for Morales

dave.walters at comcast.net dave.walters at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 18:12:47 MDT 2008

I think Fred's response to Andy is sort of  a 'cheap shot'. Obviously there were no
"soviets". But what WAS happening in October of 2003? Fred knows full well the
kinds of mass mobilizations that were taking place including the coming together
of mass organizations that could of easily lead to the *Bolivian* expression of
"soviets", the Popular Assemblies.

That Morales undercut the entirety of the movement in this period with the MAS/Gov't
deal for elections I think Andy is entirely correct, regardless of the direction and
movement after the elections of Morales to power. I think it was the independent
and non-electoralist direction that could of lead, *especially in Bolivia* toward the
organization of dual power were quite real as even a casual observer of events in
El Alto and the rest of Bolivia would agree with.

I do not spend too much time dwelling on this but it it something that the 'October"
of 2003 still reverberates in all the mass organizations there, even in the MAS itself.
Ultimately, something is going to 'give' and the revolution as it's lead by Morales is
going to have to do more to confront capitalism or capitalism will do his gov't, and
Bolivia, in.

David