[Marxism] fronting for Morales

Fred Fuentes fred.fuentes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:47:05 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Jorge Martin <jorge at marxist.com> wrote:
> This seems to have led to another debate about whether there was a
> possibility for taking power in October 2003 and in May-June 2005. I think
> that was clearly the case.
>
> In October 2003 there was a massive general strike which paralysed the
> country involving the main contingents of workers and peasants. The state
> was paralysed and repression did not stop the movement.

In a report on Marxist.com they quote the following exchange from a
recent meeting with Alan Woods in Venezuela:

"Another comrade asked if there were reformists in Venezuela, to which
Alan replied asking the PSUV members in the audience "What do you
think?" to which they replied with general laughter.
Alan pointed out how for 10 years there have been many opportunities
to put an end to capitalism in Venezuela. "On April 13, 2002, with one
single word of the president, capitalism would have disappeared". "

Perhaps the reason that the Bolivian people twice failed to take power
was becuase they did not know that "one single word" with which
"capitalism would have disappeared". Im guessing its not acracadabra,
i tried but it didnt work, perhaps i will try and ask Alan when i see
him around or Jorge might be able to fill us in.

In solidarity
Fred