[Marxism] Class Struggle, Fossil Fuels, and Environmental Catastrophe

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:53:03 MDT 2008

Sartesian writes:

> Right.  Nuke the US, Europe, Japan, and the rest of the world will do just
> fine, eating radioactive shit, and breathing radioactive air for the
> remaining 2 years of its life.
>
> Oh yeah, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Cuba will especially blossom.
>
> And Joaquin wants to know what I'm smoking?

Mention white folks, and everybody gets oh so sensitive -- not about
white folks, oh no, but about the environment and the radiation being
carried to the third world and so on.

But propose naked Malthusianism under imperalism, which will mean
genocide in the Third World, and people scratch their heads, "Where's
the harm in that?"

Well, at least it got Sartesian's attention. Getting people's
attention was half the point. For further elucidation on my modest
proposal, see: <http://www.uoregon.edu/~rbear/modest.html>

Joaquin