[Marxism] If we don't get George W. Bush's third term...

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 16:30:01 MDT 2008

Under Bush's second term, Cuban-Americans were able to travel
to the island once a year to see any relative of theirs and
the rest of the people from the United States were able to
visit the island on a far more open basis than the have been
able to do under Bush the Son. George W. Bush has sharply
reduced visitation as compared to what it was under Bush I.

For Cuba alone, that would certainly be a small but clearly
positive step. From what he writes, apparently, Eli Stephens
thinks opening up travel to the island by Cuban-Americans
and the rest of the U.S. population is not important.

Yes, people who approach politics in that way would prefer
that Cuba remain poor, but pure, evidently.

Walter Lippmann
Vancouver, B.C., Canada

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"